Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple TV doesn't load when trying it out a video on it.

I Have recently bought a new Apple TV ( we bought it in like June ) and tonight we were trying to put a video from our ipad to the Apple TV but it would load then stop the loading. Why?

Apple TV

Posted on Jan 17, 2015 8:05 PM

2 replies

Jan 19, 2015 12:36 PM in response to -laeti-

Hi - laeti-,

Thanks for your question. The first thing I want to make sure is that you understand how to use AirPlay Mirroring to show what is on your iPad on your Apple TV. Then we'll look at some troubleshooting steps. Please clcik on the links below for complete information. I've highlighted the key points for you:

Use AirPlay to wirelessly stream content from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT4437

Use AirPlay to stream music, photos, and video wirelessly to Apple TV and other AirPlay-enabled devices that are on the same Wi-Fi network as your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

What you need

To use AirPlay, you need these:

• iPhone 4 (or later), iPad, iPad mini, or iPod touch (4th generation or later)
  • For videos or photos: Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation)
  • For music: Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation), AirPort Express, or AirPlay-enabled speakers or receivers

You can also use AirPlay with iTunes.

User uploaded file

Use AirPlay

You can use AirPlay across any apps and content that allow AirPlay. AirPlay will stay on until you turn it off, so you can keep using it across various apps. Here's how to start using AirPlay.

1. Connect your iOS device and Apple TV or AirPort Express to the same Wi-Fi network.
  2. Swipe up from the bottom of your screen to access Control Center.
  3. Tap AirPlay.
    User uploaded file
    See what to do if you don't see the AirPlay icon.
  4. Tap the name of the device you want to AirPlay to. The icons of a TV screen User uploaded file or speaker User uploaded file next to each AirPlay device show the type of media content you can stream to that device. See what to do if you don't see your device in the list.
    • For videos and photos, choose Apple TV.
    • For music, choose Apple TV, AirPort Express, or AirPlay-enabled receiver or speakers.
    User uploaded file
    Now the content in Photos, Videos, or the Safari app, will stream to your Apple TV. Audio in the Music or Safari app will stream to your AirPlay-enabled device.

Resolve issues with AirPlay and AirPlay Mirroring from iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

http://support.apple.com/en-us/TS4215

Resolve performance issues with AirPlay or AirPlay Mirroring

If you are experiencing intermittent playback or significant network lag with AirPlay or AirPlay Mirroring, it could be due to a weak Wi-Fi connection, interference, or the distance between the Wi-Fi router and your iOS device, Apple TV or AirPort Express.

Try these suggestions:

• Ensure that other devices are not trying to stream to the same Apple TV at the same time.
  • Ensure that your Wi-Fi router is set up with the recommended settings for the best performance.
  • Certain external devices, such as microwave ovens and baby monitors, may interfere with a Wi-Fi network. Try moving or disabling these devices.
  • If possible, try to locate your Wi-Fi router in the same room as your iOS device and Apple TV.
  • If your wireless and wired networks are the same, try connecting your Apple TV to the router via Ethernet instead of Wi-Fi.
  • If the Wi-Fi router has an external antenna, check to see that is it connected properly and in good condition.
  • Use the Wi-Fi network troubleshooting guide to resolve interference and other issues.

I hope this information helps ....

- Judy

My Apple TV doesn't load when trying it out a video on it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.