Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iMac has stopped recognising both my iPhone 4S and iPad when plugged in using USB or even using wifi. The message "no camera was found" is displayed. iTunes will recognise both devices but the Mac will not meaning that I cannot download photos, et

My iMac has stopped recognising my iphone4s and iPad as a storage device when I plug into usb. It used to do it.

Itunes will recognise it but not the iMac itself.

I have changed cables. I have plugged cables not different usb ports. I have downloaded last OS version. I have tried wifi.

I get the message "no camera was found".

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Jan 17, 2015 8:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply
4 replies

Jan 18, 2015 4:36 PM in response to Linc Davis

Many, many thanks. The OS still won't recognise the iPhone as a storage device but I can download pics using Image Capture. This has been an enormous help.

I have another question though.

I have upgraded OS to Yosemite. I now notice that the green button previously used to expand an open window for Safari, Word, Excel now does not have the little + sign and has two arrows instead. When I click on the green button the window goes to full screen and I cannot access the banners at the top having the red, yellow and green buttons.

Any ideas??

Jan 18, 2015 6:54 PM in response to Linc Davis

Thanks but it is not resolved. The take apps full screen is wrong.

When I click on the green button for excel, word, safari the window goes completely full screen which covers the menu bar, the top part of the bar which has the 3 buttons on it as well as the dock.

This means that I cannot use the red, yellow, green buttons because they disappear from view.

If I take the cursor to the far top of the screen the menu bar pops up and I can quit the application and then start again. This doesn't happen on Powerpoint and Outlook which has a + sign in the green button and will when clicked on enlarge the window to between the menu bar and the dock. The green bar on excel, word, and safari has 2 arrows in the green button.

If I use option/command/F I get the same result for excel, word, and safari.

I am seriously considering trying to revert to previous OS version.

My iMac has stopped recognising both my iPhone 4S and iPad when plugged in using USB or even using wifi. The message "no camera was found" is displayed. iTunes will recognise both devices but the Mac will not meaning that I cannot download photos, et

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.