Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Could not find layout Generic Master 8

Can anyone tell me what

"Could not find layout Generic Master 8"

means and how to correct it.

it's not only been 8

Thank you in advance

:-)

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Jan 18, 2015 3:25 AM

8 replies

Jan 18, 2015 4:26 AM in response to Eriksimon

It is Logic Pro X yes... it's when i am mastering an imported WAV file and I'm using presets.

There are Legacy presets from Garageband previous versions, legacy presets from Logic 9 and newer presets from the later versions of both...it's when choosing some of these that the error message comes up...and it's not showing the smart controls for the compressors, limiters and gates etc when the master channel is selected.

Jan 18, 2015 4:45 AM in response to UncleSlacker

Since I have never heard or read about this error in about 8 years of posting on this and other Logic Pro forums, I really don't know where to begin.

This sounds like an incomplete or broken install, though that is mere speculation. Have you checked that your LP X download and install is complete, including all Legacy content?

My best advice at this moment is to create your own channel strip setting using the elements from that older preset, if you can recall them.

If you can get them to open in Gargageband or another Mac with an older OS you can write down the various plugins and their settings, and copy 'm over that way?

Mar 26, 2015 6:13 AM in response to CCTM

HI, I'll reply here because this is the only thread I've seen discussing this problem

I have the same problem "Could not find layout Generic Master 8"

this happen if you pick smart control "Generic Master 8 and Generic Master 12. Those are the only one missing.

I have removed every logic file/folders on the drive and reinstalled. Same problem.

Can you check if you have them in your system?

Remi

Could not find layout Generic Master 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.