Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot get sound through my laptop speakers ever since I used a digital speaker

I cannot get sound through my laptop speakers ever since I used an external digital speaker. Cannot seem to switch back to lap top speakers in my SYSTEM PREFERENCES...only showing DIGITAL out put option

MacBook Pro, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jan 18, 2015 1:52 AM

1 reply

Jan 19, 2015 1:37 PM in response to Lutostan

Hi there Lutostan,

It sounds like you have disconnected the digital audio speakers from your MacBook Pro but all you have available in your audio settings. Take a look at this info from the following article named:

Troubleshooting issues with no audio from built-in speakers on Macs

1. If the Internal Speakers option does not appear in the Output tab and your computer is not a Mac Pro, check that Digital Out is present as in the image below:
    User uploaded file
    1. Confirm again that all external audio devices and cables have been removed.
    2. Check to see if a red light is lit in the line-out port. If so, your Apple computer may need service.
    3. If you do not see a red light, proceed to step 5.
  2. If the issues persist, contact Apple support for further troubleshooting assistance.

Learn more

You can obtain service (if needed) through an Apple-Authorized Service Provider or Apple Retail Store. If you plan to visit an Apple Retail store please make a reservation at the Genius Bar using http://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/ (available in some countries only).

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care,

Sterling

I cannot get sound through my laptop speakers ever since I used a digital speaker

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.