Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

recovering contacts from iCloud

Hello,

I have iPhone 5 and I purchased iPhone 6 so I gave my old iPhone to my sister and she deleted all my contacts using an app called multi delete. Now my new iPhone have no contacts. Both phones have the same iCloud account. How can I recover my contact.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jan 18, 2015 5:26 AM

1 reply

Jan 18, 2015 7:10 AM in response to IbrahimAS1988

Welcome to the Apple Community.

To restore from a back up made through iTunes, follow these instructions.

To restore from a back up made through iCloud, try the following:

The difficulty in restoring iCloud data from a back up is that the back up is older than the current version on iCloud and anything that is restored gets removed again when an iCloud sync occurs.

1. Ensure the device is connected to your local network.
  2. Start the restore from iCloud back up.
  3. Allow the devices settings to restore (watch for the confirmation of completion).
  4. As the apps begin to restore pull the connection to your router WAN port (the one that goes to the telephone point).
  5. Wait for the time out confirmation.
  6. Navigate to settings > iCloud and turn off contact syncing (keep contacts when prompted).
  7. Reconnect the router to the internet and let the restore process complete.
  8. Delete any iCloud contacts from iCloud.com on a computer.
  9. Navigate to settings > iCloud and turn on contact syncing (merge contacts when prompted).

May I suggest that you carry out a back up to iTunes before you try anything, that way should things become even worse, you can at least restore back to where you are now.

recovering contacts from iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.