Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match doesnt work

I signes up for iTunes Match but when I try to activate my PC I get the message "We could not complete your iTunes Store request. An unknown error occurred (-3000)"

any idea what's going on?

Windows 7

Posted on Jan 18, 2015 5:04 AM

1 reply

Jan 19, 2015 2:05 PM in response to nickduncan88

Hello nickduncan88,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! iTunes Store connectivity errors in the 3000 range generally mean that iTunes cannot contact the gs.apple.com server. For more information on 3000-range error codes and potential resolutions, check out the following resource:

iTunes: Advanced iTunes Store troubleshooting - Apple Support

http://support.apple.com/en-us/TS3297

"Error 3000" through "3999"

Alerts with codes in the 3000 range generally mean that iTunes cannot contact the gs.apple.com server on ports 80 or 443. This may be because out-of-date or incorrectly configured security or firewall software is interfering, or due to your Internet proxy settings. If you are using a proxy, try removing the proxy settings, or using a known-good network. If that does not resolve the issue, follow iTunes for Windows: Troubleshooting security software issues.

Cheers,

Matt M.

iTunes Match doesnt work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.