Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error 3259 when downloading large podcasts

When I download podcasts that are larger than around 200MB I often get an error 3259. iTunes starts downloading and after downloading 100 MB or so I get this error. When I retry often enough the download sometimes goes through.

Does any anybody else see this problem? I am using a Macbook Pro with the latest Yosemite build and the latest iTunes version.

Small files < 100MB download without problems.

I have seen some information about this error but it seems mostly related to firewall problems. My firewall is turned off.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Jan 18, 2015 10:20 AM

2 replies

Jan 18, 2015 2:52 PM in response to jdfjdsfjl kdfs

Do not confuse -3259 with +3259

iTunes: Advanced iTunes Store troubleshooting - http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3297 > Specific Conditions and Alert Messages: (Mac OS X / Windows) - includes list of iTunes error codes

"Error 3000" through "3999"

Alerts with codes in the 3000 range generally mean that iTunes cannot contact the gs.apple.com server on ports 80 or 443. This may be because out-of-date or incorrectly configured security or firewall software is interfering, or due to your Internet proxy settings. If you are using a proxy, try removing the proxy settings, or using a known-good network. If that does not resolve the issue, follow iTunes for Windows: Troubleshooting security software issues.

Error 3259 when downloading large podcasts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.