Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook pro (built in) keyboard not responding

Hello everybody.

New to this forum.

I have a Macbook Pro retina (late 2013) with i5 2,4GHz processor, 16 GB RAM, 250 GB SSD.

Running the latest Yosemite version.

My problem is that my (built in; not a bluetooth!) keyboard becomes unresponsable when I switch between programs.

For example,

I use TextEdit to write a text. Copy and paste the written text into a web page in safari. Then, returning to TextEdit, the keyboard doesn´t work!

It seems to have lost its focus. In order to this thesis, I click on upper frame of the TextEdit window, and suddenly the windows changes position on the sceen and the keyboard works again.

This "losing of focus" occurs not only between TextEdit and Safari. It happens to me with a variety of different program combinations, but not everytime...

This is terribly annoying and but I am just missing proper knowledge.

Thanks for any help.

[Hope you understand my English, not my mother tongue]

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Jan 18, 2015 11:19 AM

2 replies

Jan 18, 2015 1:15 PM in response to Sparkleberry

First of all:

Thank you very much for your reply! 🙂

Checked the links and checked my Boot-ROM-Version. ✅

There is no EFI update for my computer under 10.10.1.

The EFI update 1.3 is for 10.9 and not executable with 10.10. 😟

My EFI version is newer than the one provided in the link. 😕

Boot-ROM-Version of the download: MBP111.0138.B03

Boot-ROM-Version of my MacBook: MBP111.0138.B11

Any further suggestions?

This problem occures on lock screen as well. Typing my password, but no text is written into the text field. Even focusing via curser didn´t resolve this problem.

I had to hard restart the computer to enter the MacBook.

😠

macbook pro (built in) keyboard not responding

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.