Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi keeps disconnecting!!

I have a macbook pro 13-inch mid 2012. The hard drive on my macbook recently crashed, so I installed a SSD and upgraded to Yosemite 10.10.1. However, all of a sudden my wifi started randomly disconnecting, when before it worked perfectly fine. Every time it disconnects, all I have to do is click the WiFi symbol at the top of my screen and reselect my network. Then it works perfectly until it disconnects randomly again. The weird thing is the network is still in range, but my macbook won't automatically reconnect to it. I'm not too sure what the problem is. I've reset my PRAM and SMC, but it still keeps happening. HELP!!!

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Jan 18, 2015 5:33 PM

8 replies

Jan 18, 2015 8:52 PM in response to darainmaker

If you are using Airport, you can create a new network by going to Utilities > Airport Utility and click on your base station -- Airport Express or Airport Extreme -- then select Edit and go to Wireless tab where you can create a new network.

If you cannot do that, try changing the network location. In System Prefs/Network/Wifi go to Location at the top and do Edit locations. Set up a new location. Call it xx. Your wifi will have no IP address, so go to Advanced/TCP/IP and Renew DHCP lease.

Jan 19, 2015 8:57 PM in response to darainmaker

One more thing to try is Wireless Diagnostics. Control click on the wifi icon in your menu bar and choose Open Wireless Diagnostics from the dropdown menu. Or you can open it from Spotlight. It will analyze your system and offer to monitor it and notify you of failures.

If you are not already using it, you might also consider Open DNS. https://www.opendns.com/home-internet-security/opendns-ip-addresses/

Wifi keeps disconnecting!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.