Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sony Floppy "yellow" drive mechanism

HI guys! Buissy weekend! But now I have my Macintosh SE and my LCIII working! Now I'm looking forward to fix my floppy drives. The eject mechanism was broken and she make a lot of noise. I have opened the the sony floppy drive and I have found a little yellow drive broken. I remember that I had the same problem in the past with another floppy driver so I search in the closet and I found the same problem!!! That little yellow *******!!!! Is broken too!!! Here some pictures:

User uploaded file

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

My question is:

Where can I buy this little mechanism to awake from the dead my sony floppys???

Thanks in advance!!!!!!

Macintosh SE

Posted on Jan 18, 2015 3:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2015 3:52 AM

Hi,

It is probably easier to try to locate another complete drive (for example, via an online auction site). Otherwise, there is a bit of information to be found through an Internet search for something like "floppy drive eject gear". Apparently, someone has even produced a similar gear set using a 3D printer.

Jan

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2015 3:52 AM in response to Carloselvis

Hi,

It is probably easier to try to locate another complete drive (for example, via an online auction site). Otherwise, there is a bit of information to be found through an Internet search for something like "floppy drive eject gear". Apparently, someone has even produced a similar gear set using a 3D printer.

Jan

Sony Floppy "yellow" drive mechanism

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.