Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a broken screen on my 2008 MacBook, I want to access the hard drive what are my options?

I Have a 2008 MacBook with a broken screen, how can I access the hard drive?

MacBook, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jan 18, 2015 10:50 PM

3 replies

Jan 19, 2015 7:32 AM in response to LandCreature

1. Connect an external monitor. If everything else is working fine on the MacBook, you'll have full access to your computer. Or

2. If the MacBook has a FireWire port, use Target Disk Mode (http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT1661) to mount the HDD and then copy the files to the second Mac. Or

3. Remove the HDD, put it in a $20 USB caddy, and connect it to another Mac for file-retrieval.

By the way, this forum is devoted to vintage Classic operating systems that Apple retired over a decade ago. More people will see your posts if you put them in a forum devoted to your particular level of OS X (Leopard or above for a 2008 MacBook).

I have a broken screen on my 2008 MacBook, I want to access the hard drive what are my options?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.