Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

does iphone 6 plus bend / really bend

Posted on Jan 19, 2015 3:18 AM

17 replies

Feb 1, 2015 6:57 AM in response to Lec.ma

Lec.ma wrote:

What an answer!! "Don't put it in a pocket and sit down?!!" Are you serious? Am I supposed to stand up all times just for the sake of not applying a certain force on my iphone 6+?

What a shame...

You can do whatever you want. But if you want to protect your device, you'll take precautions. And in my opinion, putting an unprotected iPhone in a tight pants pocket and sitting down is not a good idea. Because I know that puts pressure on the device, and repeated pressure/force isn't a good idea.

The only pocket I put it in is a jacket pocket.

Do what you want. But when your device gets bent, be prepared to pay the accidental damage fee.

I see people walking around with their iPhones in their back jeans pocket. And I chuckle to myself when they sit down and forget to take it out, or when one falls out and hits the ground.

If you're careless with your possessions, then they'll get damaged. My mom taught me to be respectful of my toys. I've carried that over into my adult life with my electronics. Accidents can usually be prevented with proper preparation, but not always. However, sitting on your iPhone is not an accident; it's carelessness.

Feb 1, 2015 9:27 AM in response to Frank Milano

Frank Milano wrote:

But it's OK for YOU to respond when YOU see fit? Excuse me !!! The original post is from only 2 weeks ago. It caught my eye as I had heard there were issues with it bending. You obviously have much more knowledge than I do with your history here on the forums, but your social skills are lacking.

Simmer down. Chris didn't reply to you. He replied to Lec.ma. And Lec.ma is definitely being antagonistic, and has been bumping multiple 'bend' threads throughout the forum.

Perhaps you should work on your social or observational skills, and pay attention to who is replying to whom, stop assuming that you're being targeted, or at the very least, politely ask for clarification. Even if Chris did reply to you... do two wrongs make a right?

Apr 1, 2015 6:39 AM in response to ttjjrr

iI'm a little late, but don't let these people fool you! My iPhone has bent twice sense Ive had it. The first time successful bend back, the second time... Well I tried but at this point it would break my glass if I gave it anymore pressure.

to all the people who said unprotected iPhones are asking for it, I put my iPhone on a Ballistic Tungsten case since the 1st day I got it in the mail, and it looks like someone grabbed all 4 corners and twisted it!

BTW my wardrobe consists of cargo pants and loose fitting Affliction jeans, I don't sit on the **** thing. I don't think I'll ever buy an iPhone agin, because the way Apple threw this issue under the rug.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.