Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I paid for my apps on the Android PlayStore and do not wish to repay all of them on the Apple Store. What can Apple do for me?

I have a bunch of Android apps which I paid for. How can I transfer those to iOS?

MacBook Air, Other OS

Posted on Jan 19, 2015 3:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2017 4:19 PM

I've been contacting the apps on apple and giving my google email so that they can give me a code to repurchase new apps.

21 replies

Jun 18, 2017 5:50 PM in response to edwardashiek

SOME, not all apps will have a transfer setting. Some apps will give you authentification codes that you can use to transfer your game account data. Some other apps have logins with social media. For example, Tsum Tsums is connected to Line so as long as you log into Line on your iPhone then you can get all your cloud game data. For other apps such as Magikarp Jump, you will get a username and code to transfer all your cloud data across platforms.

TLDR: game data transfer only works with cloud-based apps, not locally stored data apps. If you have a login then you most likely can use that login on iPhone.

Sep 27, 2017 1:53 PM in response to matthieu187

You can not. The apps are not transferrable. The physical Apple app will not run on any Android device.

However, SOME devs offer discounts or a one price fits all model - social media apps (generaly free anyway) and games mostly - not always free. As you would have had to (with the exception of socail media) use your Apple login to create an app account, so too this would need to be re-done for all games (to play them on the Android platform, but even then there are exceptions to that rule).

FOr the most part, app data may be transferrable (unless it is encpryted by your device, in which case you would have to un encrpyt and remove the kychain attachment from the device, then transfer the app DATA on to an SD card, eventually (as np Apple phone has an SD slot, not the app)

Dec 14, 2015 10:04 AM in response to Csound1

Comparing meal with virtual goods is irrelevant. You've successfully stood up for two big companies whatever, the question, does it make sense? I had an old Nokia IR remote app that was licensed for one particular phone, today this isn't up to date. I pay for the shop but I'm not certain to pay multiple times for the essence unless the app developer would like me to, just my humble opinion.

Dec 14, 2015 10:51 AM in response to Angevoi

I don't know the details of the coding but frequently something like this requires almost completely separate development for the other platform, not just a "Save for Android"/"Save for iOS" option in the coding software.

Then too reality is reality despite what you feel is morally the right thing to do. The "right thing" would be for the companies to give me CD copies of all the cassette tapes I bought, or DVDs and digital downloads for all the VHS tapes I own. I don't see that happening. People seem to be content to have paid for a movie in the theater, then bought it on VHS, then bought it again on DVD, and now buy it a fourth time in digital download format. Since people seem to be content to do that I am sure the movie studios see no reason to do differently (and the actual overhead to produce the different versions is only a fraction of the actual cost of the format change). Welcome to the capitalist world.

I paid for my apps on the Android PlayStore and do not wish to repay all of them on the Apple Store. What can Apple do for me?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.