Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to connect to wireless network without forgetting other wireless connection

Hi Guys, I know this question has been asked before but I cannot in my case accept or use the "Forget Network" option. This isn't a fix, its a work around and so any suggestions on what I can do in my situation would be very much appreciated

In my place of work we have literally hundreds of ipad and iphone users. We have several WiFi SSID's that people can connect to with their domain user names and passwords. Here is an example of what is happening

1. Connect to SSIDExample1 authenticate with username and password and connects

2. I then try and connect to SSIDExample2 and it prompts for username and password but is unable to connect

3. I forget SSIDExample1 or reset network settings and reattempt to connect to SSIDExample2 and it now works.

4. Then when I try and Connect to SSIDExample1 again the same problem occurs.

I cannot expect my users to have to either forget the network or reset their network settings every time they wish to connect to a different network. This only appears to be affecting networks that require authentication. It happens even if the device has been pre registered on the network.

All I can find when searching the forums are suggestions to forget the network before connecting to the other one but we have 6 different networks that people connect to for various locations in the campus and we need people to be able to move freely between wifi connections without having to forget the old one. Can anyone offer any insight into the problem? Thank you in advance.

iPad, iOS 8.1.1, null

Posted on Jan 19, 2015 4:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 1:31 AM

OK We solved the by enabling fast SSID switching on our wireless network. This has other ramifications but I thought i'd let you know.

1 reply

Unable to connect to wireless network without forgetting other wireless connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.