Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Color Preview window

I am working with an iMac 27", i3 and 16GB RAM and my apple color's viewer window or preview window seems to gave gone to total blackness. Everything works well apart from that. Please help...

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Jan 19, 2015 7:08 AM

1 reply

Jan 19, 2015 4:34 PM in response to kmbona

Did this work before you upgraded to Mavericks? Did it work after? FCP Studio apps aren't fully compatible with Mavericks or Yosemite...they were discontinued before those OS versions came out. Apple no longer supports that software, so full compatibility isn't there.

But I also know this is a symptom of graphics card support...either the graphics card isn't supported....or it's damaged in some way. I'm not saying yours is...I'm saying this is one amongst many possible reasons why this isn't working.

FYI...that window isn't accurate at all. It doesn't display the proper color space...it's gamma is much brighter than normal. It's just an interface window to see what your clip is. Color is designed to be used with an IO card like those from AJA, Blackmagic Design and Matrox.

Apple Color Preview window

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.