Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Corrupt video in icloud.com

Hi all,

I'm using the icloud photo library (I know it's in beta). My iPhone 5S runs iOS 8 and uploads all photos and videos to icloud. I have enough storage available (I've upgraded to 20GB). Now all of my videos and photos seem to have been properly uploaded, except for a few videos shot with the iPhone on New Year's Eve. I shot 5 video clips that night. On the iPhone, all work fine. On icloud.com, one plays fine, one shows the still screenshot, but when I click on it to play it, I get "cannot load video" and the rest don't even show a still screenshot and as soon as I click on them, I get the "cannot load video".

I haven't been able to find any way to force the iphone to re-upload these videos, however, when I opened the photos app on my ipad, it took a while but the videos finally were playable. Additionally, I was able to download the videos (all of them) from icloud.com to my PC and the downloaded files play fine.

So it seems it's an issue with the online app, in icloud.com, I just wanted to see if anyone else is facing similar issues. I feel a little weird about this, as I cannot back my library up and I'm not comfortable with being left with an unplayable version of the videos in case they are removed from my iPhone.

Thank you

Posted on Jan 19, 2015 6:24 AM

2 replies

Corrupt video in icloud.com

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.