Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

time capsule device not found

I have a recurring problem backup failed and device not found.

I have been on to apple told pull the plug on time capsule every time.

now i am told to go into network and take it of automatic and set it to 2.4 to channel 11 and the 5 to channel 44.

is this now limiting the time capsule to the 2 channels.

is this the best result for the time capsule or would i be better getting a non apple product.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Jan 19, 2015 7:59 AM

46 replies

Jan 19, 2015 11:44 AM in response to Mike's Pad

Mike

My Time capsule is mainly used for Time Machine but it also connects me onto the internet so my wifi is turned on to connect my Macbook to the time capsule and the internet.

I can be on line going throw the time capsule onto the internet and at the same time airport utility can say device not found.

It must of found the device as i on online talking to apple at the same time or just surfing the net.

Jan 19, 2015 11:51 AM in response to Bob Timmons

BOB

I take your point about the cordless phone Apple said the base station may have been to close to the tower. When i said i moved the hands free i meant i moved the hand free to a wire phone i try anything.

I think in getting this time capsule I have bought a very expensive paper weight.

I am not sure when it backs up or not i don't get any notifications of a problem only find out when i look at time capsule or check when last backup was done.

Jan 19, 2015 1:33 PM in response to macskin

Thanks for the clarification on the cordless phone.

My opinion.......the hardware.....the Time Capsule.....is not the problem.

The problem is software...... Yosemite......which has a number of bugs that are driving the folks who are trying to help here crazy.

When you say that you removed the phone, I understand this to mean that you have removed them from your home entirely, correct? Please let us know in a week or so if removing the phones has resolved your issue.

Jan 19, 2015 4:17 PM in response to Bob Timmons

BOB

the phone has been switched of and unplugged

just checked my Time Machine and its missed backups again.

I go into airport utility yet again its missing the time capsule.

So much for Apple blaming my cordless phone.

I have a program from the app store wifi checker.

running it looking at the wifi signal in my area I have 2 main accounts with 2 different BSSID the last letter different on each.

I also had for a bit 3 guest accounts 2 with the same BSSID and 1 different BSSID there is another wifi account not mine with the same BSSID as this 1.

Jan 19, 2015 4:38 PM in response to macskin

the phone has been switched of and unplugged

just checked my Time Machine and its missed backups again.

I go into airport utility yet again its missing the time capsule.

I am sorry, but Yosemite is doing its thing.

So much for Apple blaming my cordless phone.

Apple has to find something to blame, since they will never blame themselves.

have a program from the app store wifi checker.

running it looking at the wifi signal in my area I have 2 main accounts with 2 different BSSID the last letter different on each.

I also had for a bit 3 guest accounts 2 with the same BSSID and 1 different BSSID there is another wifi account not mine with the same BSSID as this 1.

This all sounds normal.

I am afraid that all you can do is wait for the next Yosemite update to see if it will fix some of these issues.

Jan 19, 2015 5:09 PM in response to Bob Timmons

BOB

it was my mate that set up my time capsule then apple have changed a bit when he was here.

I started of with a time capsule bought in the US as apple said it would work fine in the UK he brought it over at xmas and after setting it up and problems Apple said it was regional pacific in some part of its programming so that went back to apple us and i bought a UK time capsule on xmas eve a very expensive paper weight

since i got it i have spent hours on the phone to apple and still it dose not act the way it said on the box

time capsule device not found

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.