Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messages has logged me out and I can't get back in

It just happened when I turned my computer this morning, Messages has me set as offline (all contacts show as read) and no messages sent to me will go to the program, however they will show up on my iPhone.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jan 19, 2015 10:23 AM

5 replies

Jan 22, 2015 7:43 AM in response to AuroraTsukari

Do a backup.

Quit the application.

In Finder hold down the option/alt key while selecting the Go menu item. Select Library. Then go to Preferences/

com.apple.iChat.plist and com.apple.iChat.StatusMessages.plist. Move the .plists to your desktop.

Restart the computer, open the application and test. If it works okay, delete the plists from the desktop.

If the application is the same, return the .plists to where you got it from, overwriting the newer ones.

If you want to make your user library permanently visible, run the below command in Applications/Utilities/Terminal.

chflags nohidden ~/Library/

You will need to do that after any updates.

Feb 7, 2015 10:01 AM in response to AuroraTsukari

As I mentioned I fixed being able to send to iMessage users, now I can't get SMS on my computer. Here's the screens I'm presented with when I try. When I type in the contact they're name/number shows red and when I hit Return to send the message I get this window. I've checked all my preferences on my phone and my computer and can't find anything that looks out of place. Ideas?

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Messages has logged me out and I can't get back in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.