Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod

how do I convert an iPhone 5S to an iPod touch

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jan 19, 2015 11:15 AM

4 replies

Feb 8, 2015 3:06 PM in response to roaminggnome

I did this successfully with my old iPhone 4 --> so I could pass it on to one child as an iPod.

Now, I am trying with our old iPhone 5S. I erased the contents on the AT&T iPhone (which stilll has its SIM card), but when I connect to ITunes, it detects the phone but gives me the error "Your request couldn't be processed. We're sorry, but there was an error processing your request. Please try again later."

Any advice?

Feb 8, 2015 3:17 PM in response to cindyonsanibel

@cindyonsanibel

Go to settings>cellular>turn off cellular Data

When you want to connect to internet, use wifi

@rscales

I'm guessing you have an iPhone 6 now. If yes, remove the sim card from the 6 and put it in the 5s to activate that phone. Once it activated and you are at the home screen, take out the sim card and put it back in the iPhone 6. You just need to do this to active to pass that process you mentioned above.

Cheers,

Wilkie

Feb 8, 2015 3:34 PM in response to wilkie.joissaint

I apologize; I said I am trying to use an iPhone 5S as an ipod, but I meant 4S. So my currently active SIM card (iPhone 5) doesn't fit it. On the phone side, it doesn't let me get past the activation screen (which is what I'm guessing your suggestion would do if I were able?), and I don't have an active phone plan that would let me do that. So I *think* I have to do it from the mac/iTunes side.

ipod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.