Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Access imessage on ipod touch? (Iphone completely broke, will not turn on)

Hi all!

My iphone 5 has recently been put out of commission entirely, but I still want to access my imessages.

I have a working 4th generation ipod touch running iOS 6.1.6. I have already tried to go through settings on the ipod and access it from there, however it only says I can add email addresses and not phone numbers; I added my personal Apple ID email to the list but none of my contacts/recent conversations popped up.

I recall going on my settings on my iphone and there being my phone number, as well as my family's apple ID email in the list of places "I can be reached by iMessage at:". However I believe I removed my family's email from the list as they were also connected and we were all getting eachothers imessages. I can't recall if I readded my own personal apple ID (i.e. the one I am trying to access through my ipod touch).

Is there any way to re-allow the imessages sent to my phone number to be accessed by my ipod touch without accessing my iphone?

Thanks so much for your help!

Regards,

B

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.6

Posted on Jan 19, 2015 2:00 PM

1 reply

Access imessage on ipod touch? (Iphone completely broke, will not turn on)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.