Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wireless All-in-one Printer for use with Macbook Air

I have an HP Photosmart that will no longer pull photo or business card stock after two years of very moderate use. This is my 2nd HP inject that I have had this problem with. I tried cleaning the rollers with alcohol as recommended by Staples, but it didn't work. I use it wirelessly with my Macbook Air and it otherwise works wonderfully - also with my iPad Mini. I have never had any other problem with it and have been very happy with everything I have printed. However, I use it mostly for photos & business cards, so I need to buy a printer that will last more than two years with light use! Any suggestions?

I have a friend selling an excellent Dell All-in-one 948, as he is upgrading to a business-quality printer, but it seems Dell is not compatible with a Mac, so I will need to buy a new one. THANK YOU.

MacBook Air, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Jan 19, 2015 4:34 PM

2 replies

Jan 19, 2015 5:53 PM in response to KeatsRoadRunner

My old Canon Pixma MX-700 works great with Avery business card stock. You might find using the right business card stock makes the best sense. iOS will not run on MacBook Airs, only Mac OS X. Not knowing your Mac OS X version does not help us find you the right printer model.

Be sure with any business card stock to read the margins carefully. Some stock work better printing the back side first a certain direction.

That's if you are using the perforated card stock.

Jan 19, 2015 7:11 PM in response to KeatsRoadRunner

Nearly all "all-in-one" or multifunction devices will work with a Mac, but I recommend purchasing one from a company that visibly supports OS X. Brother, Canon, and Epson are all good choices. At present, no other common printer manufacturers are worth considering.

Wireless all-in-one devices are convenient and cost about the same as USB-only ones. Consider AirPrint compatibility for future needs.

Recently I have grown to favor Brother printers over the others. I recommend AirPrint compatible Brother printers and multifunction devices over those of other manufacturers. They are inexpensive, their OS X integration is well-implemented, their consumables are reasonably priced, and their technical support is free forever. If you need to call them and explain that you have a Mac, you will immediately receive competent assistance.

I have grown to dislike HP printers, for all the above reasons.

Read user reviews from vendor websites - Amazon is a good place to start, since Amazon lets people write almost anything they want... right, wrong, or completely idiotic.

Read the reviews on the respective manufacturers' websites as well, but consider the likelihood of them deleting negative reviews.

Process all those user reviews employing your own common sense, and draw your own conclusions.

Wireless All-in-one Printer for use with Macbook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.