Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When i change my security answers the dots do not correspond to m

I Changed my security questions and answers but after saving the dots did not correspond to the length of answer so I cannot verify if the answer has been savd correctly

iPad, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jan 19, 2015 4:36 PM

1 reply

Jan 21, 2015 6:26 AM in response to robyne maria

Hi robyne maria,

Welcome to the Support Communities! If you want to confirm your security questions were saved correctly, our Apple ID support team can help you verify them:

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support
http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT5699

Or, you can reset your security questions or set up two-step verfication.

If you forgot the answers to your Apple ID security questions - Apple Support
http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201485

You can reset your security questions using your rescue email address.

Security questions provide an extra level of security, and they help Apple verify that you're the person requesting access to your account. Use the steps below to see if you can reset your security questions using your rescue email address. If you don't have a rescue email address on file with your Apple ID, contact Apple Support.

Reset your security questions

1. Go to My Apple ID.
  2. Select Manage your Apple ID and sign in.
  3. Select Password and Security.
  4. Select “Send reset security info email to [rescue email address].” If you don't see a link, contact Apple Support for help.
    User uploaded file
  5. Go to your rescue email address to open the reset email. Follow the steps in the email to set up new questions and answers. Didn't get the email?

If you have trouble remembering your security questions, you might want to set up two-step verification. With two-step verification, you don't need security questions to secure your account or verify your identity.

If you can't reset your security questions

If you couldn't send a reset email, don't have a rescue email address, or can't access email at your rescue email address, contact Apple Support. Apple may ask you to generate a temporary support PIN to verify your identity. After you reset your security questions, you might want to update your rescue email address.

If you have trouble remembering your security questions, you might want to set up two-step verification. With two-step verification, you don't need security questions to secure your account or verify your identity.

If you answer your security questions incorrectly too many times in a row, you'll be temporarily unable to access your account, but you can try to reset your questions after the waiting period ends.

Last Modified:

Cheers,

Judy

When i change my security answers the dots do not correspond to m

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.