Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how long should iPhone 4S last?

How long should the iPhone 4S Last?

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.2, JUNK!!!

Posted on Jan 19, 2015 3:37 PM

16 replies

Jan 19, 2015 3:49 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

The variables are numerous! That is irrelevant because I'm purchasing a new phone! Solutions offered by Apple were to back up and Restore to no avail! Reluctant to purchase a new iPhone model due to poor performance. My husband has had several iPhones and has never encountered issues. Friends of mine whom have had problematic iPhone issues, find freedom in Samsung Galaxy.

Jan 19, 2015 5:16 PM in response to SBlair813

You definitely got a lemon.

I've had my 4S for just over a year, and it still works great, other than needing a restart a couple times a week. My iPhone 4 is still in pretty good working condition and I used it very heavily for over 3 years. The lock/power button doesn't work anymore and the GPS doesn't always behave, but it makes a great iPod these days 😉

I intend to use my 4S until it has some kind of hardware failure (like the GPS portion not functioning correctly) and then I'll upgrade.

Considering both phones get dropped far more often than they ought to, I've been very impressed with how they've held up.

You may find that you prefer the Android experience better, and it's like with any other item - if you have a bad experience with a certain brand, it's almost guaranteed you're going to switch.

If you had a problematic washing machine, for example, and didn't end up getting it replaced/repaired to your satisfaction, you'd most likely go with another company, even if you hear and see that your case is rare, etc, etc etc. That doesn't change what happened to you.

In any event....just make sure you're happy with your choice 🙂

~Lyssa

Jan 20, 2015 4:43 AM in response to Kappy

Kappy wrote:

I don't think you should have marked my reply as Solved. I was jesting which is why I take on the smiley. I didn't want you taking me seriously. I hope you didn't. And, I apologize to Chris.

Now you've done it, Kappy! People will start quoting the high level forum member who "admitted" Apple intentionally makes the older phones obsolete 😉

how long should iPhone 4S last?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.