Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari upload image from camera with iOS 8.1.2

Hello,

I'm having trouble try to upload a picture while using Safari on iphone 4s that does not exist in my photo library yet and trying to create one by taking a picture with my camera.

it doesn't have a problem selecting an existing photo from my library.

i have also tried to create a simple form with an only input file button and nothing else to verify that its not some script or anything else that is causing the problem

Steps to reproduce the problem:

1. open Safari on iphone 4s with iOS 8.1.2

2. went to www.baldpixel.com/_upload.php
3. clicked to select a new picture (i.e. not selecting an existing from library)

4. once taken the picture and pressed on Use Photo safari reloads the form and prompts the message : A problem occurred with this page so it was reloaded.
5. closed Safari and tried to open it again, 1 in 3 times i get the message above and the rest of times page reloads.

same problem has appeared in iphone 6 with the latest version iOS 8.1.2

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jan 20, 2015 2:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 9:46 AM

Same exact problem as @ropox only I am using iOS v 8.1, iPhone 6.

I have reports coming in from other testers - they are experiencing the same issue with their iPhones.

Scenario:

We have a simple web form with a file upload. in the past, users were able to take a photo with their iphone and upload it via the form upload (simple FILE input). This worked fine in the past, the only difference is the iPhone iOS upgrade to 8.x

Interesting Update:

When I connect my iPhone to my mac via a cable and have error reporting going from the iPhone to the Mac's Safari console - hoping to capture some kind of error in the console to figure this out - it works fine! The upload and everything works as expected. As soon as I disconnect the cable and try it again, no dice. I get the web page reloaded with the error: A problem occurred with this page so it was reloaded.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2015 9:46 AM in response to ropox

Same exact problem as @ropox only I am using iOS v 8.1, iPhone 6.

I have reports coming in from other testers - they are experiencing the same issue with their iPhones.

Scenario:

We have a simple web form with a file upload. in the past, users were able to take a photo with their iphone and upload it via the form upload (simple FILE input). This worked fine in the past, the only difference is the iPhone iOS upgrade to 8.x

Interesting Update:

When I connect my iPhone to my mac via a cable and have error reporting going from the iPhone to the Mac's Safari console - hoping to capture some kind of error in the console to figure this out - it works fine! The upload and everything works as expected. As soon as I disconnect the cable and try it again, no dice. I get the web page reloaded with the error: A problem occurred with this page so it was reloaded.

May 13, 2015 2:15 AM in response to ropox

Well it seems that the upgrade to the latest 8.3 has resolved the issue in most cases, but still using the Safari in some iphone 5 or iphone 6 with iOS8.3 sometimes works and sometimes does not work which is weird.

my own phone iphone 4s does not have a problem uploading a new picture (i.e. opting to choose to capture photo at the moment of upload) from a web form , but there are a couple of cases where one iphone 5 and 6 is uploading correctly with the above method but in some other cases it does not using the same form. i cant pinpoint what is the difference in these cases and it is weird...

Safari upload image from camera with iOS 8.1.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.