Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone 6 keeps restarting itself.

My iphone 6 keeps restarting itself. The screen goes 'blue' or 'red' or freezes and then it switches off and on again. I have a small number of apps on there and have plenty of memory left so that is not the problem. I am on IOS 8.1.2. Anyone else have this issue?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jan 20, 2015 3:47 AM

17 replies

Jun 6, 2017 8:47 AM in response to nesswilliams

I am having same problems, the last software update apparently ha something to do with it. My 6s was purchased new, att an Apple Store and I use only apple cords, chargers and accessories. Mine worked fine until the last update! When mine gets "stuck on stupid" I am unable to power it down, or hard reset it, , but. Have discovered that it will stop cycling if I plug charger into a wall outlet, THen press and hold power only and a minute later sign on screen pops up, but the battery will show 50-60%, surely Apple plans to do something about this! Thanks

Oct 2, 2017 4:29 AM in response to Sltlynsane

My daughter's iPhone 6 keeps restarting, I've tried everything including powering down, recovery and talking the phone to my nearest Apple shop. The staff did not help, it was just outside the warranty so I was told to buy memory and update from iCloud rather than iTunes or pay £300 for a new 6.

I understand warranty but if so many phones started doing this as a result of the latest update then Apple needs to apply an OTA fix.

Can someone give any other advice?

Jan 25, 2015 4:17 PM in response to nesswilliams

Same issue has started happening to us when my wife's phone iPhone 6 4.7 16gb updated to iOS 8.1.2 On AT&T.

Issues are as follow:

Randomly restarts itself

dropped calls in good service areas

bluetooth connectivity is terrible

Really need some support from Apple or ateast an acknowledgement to the issues. I have the plus and don't seem to be having the same problems.

Jan 29, 2015 9:12 AM in response to nesswilliams

I encountered the same problem yesterday. I chatted with Apple support (because my computer worked but my iPhone 6 Plus was stuck in the endless loop of rebooting and couldn't be used for calls). Here is the answer that worked for me: Have the cord (you use to connect your iPhone to your computer) plugged into the computer before continuing; then manually power down your iPhone (by holding down the power button and home button at the same time); and the instant it powers off plug the cord into your iPhone and release the power button but continue to hold down the home button until you see the Apple logo appear. You can now restore your iPhone using the "Restore iPhone" button in iTunes. (these steps were necessary because without them iTunes would not restore without first turning off Find My Phone - which I could not do because my phone was completely unresponsive while stuck in the endless rebooting loop)

Jan 29, 2015 10:36 AM in response to nesswilliams

Hello you are not the only 1 suffering from this problem. Many iPhone 6 users are going through the same thing. From the research that I have done it seems to be a problem with the NAND Flash that Apple has used in its 64gb and 128gb iPhone 6 models. They used a new TLC NAND Flash compared to the old MLC NAND Flash. The TLC is NAND Flash has more storage capacity but writes data slower and is more cost affective while the MLC NAND Flash stores less data but writes faster. Now from what I have read there is a problem with the new TLC NAND flash making ur phone go to the home screen and boot with the apple logo. Many had assumed that maybe Apple was going to offer in house repairs to change out the flash or fix the problem through an IOS update. None have happened so far. You can try to restore your phone or try taking your phone back to the apple store and see what they can do for you. Good Luck with everything

Mar 3, 2015 4:09 PM in response to nesswilliams

Hi, i'm from Brazil and o have the same red and blue screen problema.

it All started with some short freezer in the screen and fone to complete frozen screen... to restart the ipho e 6 128gb I have to reset all. Further I've backed up in my computer, first i had restored from back up and after speak with Apple usa support i've set as a New device but nothings chanced!!!!

my wifi works sometimes and there are moments that it dont appers to turn it on as on the picture below!

apple, how can i proceed gere in Brazil? User uploaded file

My iphone 6 keeps restarting itself.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.