Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Intel High Definition Audio: Audio ID : 0

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Currently, I have no sound. I have tried couple of methods but nothing is working? Will USB speaker or Wireless headphone work in my mac? How can I solve this issue?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012)

Posted on Jan 20, 2015 10:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2017 6:56 AM

I am having the same issue with my iMac, I slowely suspect the audio card is broken.

When connecting a headphone, no sound either and exactly the same in preferences sound output: no internal speakers to be found anymore.

I tried everything I could find online but nothing solves the problem.

I ended up using an external Bluetooth speaker and that works.

Also connecting an USB Audio interface solves the problem.

Unfortunately it seems that the audio board is part of the mother/processor board so apparently you cannot replace only the audio card but have to replace the complete processor board, which costs at least 500-600 dollars I understand. 😢

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2017 6:56 AM in response to yasiradnan

I am having the same issue with my iMac, I slowely suspect the audio card is broken.

When connecting a headphone, no sound either and exactly the same in preferences sound output: no internal speakers to be found anymore.

I tried everything I could find online but nothing solves the problem.

I ended up using an external Bluetooth speaker and that works.

Also connecting an USB Audio interface solves the problem.

Unfortunately it seems that the audio board is part of the mother/processor board so apparently you cannot replace only the audio card but have to replace the complete processor board, which costs at least 500-600 dollars I understand. 😢

Intel High Definition Audio: Audio ID : 0

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.