Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot Camp Help!

So recently I decided to get Windows on my Mac for gaming. After I ran through the process of boot camp making the partitions and downloading the support software. When my Mac restarted I got an error, "No Bootable Device -- Insert boot disk and press any key." Now before you tell me to hold down option on start up let me explain to you what happens. When the start up manager pops up I only get the mavericks option and recovery. I have tried to put in the disk before and after start up. I am using a burn disk with windows; I have tried the USB method too and I encountered the same problem. I know it's not the ISO image because i have tried 3 different ones. 2 of them were official 30-trials and one was a full version. So basically I just need help with my Mac recognizing that the disk is in so I can select it for startup.

Mac Specs:

MacBook Pro 13-inch, late 2011

Processor- 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory- 4 GB 133 MHz DDR3

Graphics- Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB

Software- OS X 10.9.5

Boot Camp-OTHER, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), null

Posted on Jan 20, 2015 1:53 PM

3 replies

Jan 21, 2015 8:23 AM in response to Kenlly22

For a Mac with built-in Optical drive, you need both a Windows DVD (burnt at 2x/4x not 16x), and a USB2 (not a USB3) flash drive (for BC drivers).

The USB should be directly plugged-in to the Mac USB port (without any hubs). A USB2 Keyboard/mouse is preferred over BT devices. Remove all other external peripherals, including an external monitor (and use the built-in Display).

From Boot Camp 5.1: Frequently asked questions - Apple Support

Which versions of Windows work with Boot Camp 5.1?

Boot Camp 5.1 supports 64-bit, non-Enterprise versions of Windows 7, Windows 8.0, and Windows 8.1. This version of Boot Camp doesn't support Windows XP, Windows Vista, or any 32-bit version of Windows. Depending on your Mac, you may be able to use an earlier version of Boot Camp to work with other versions of Windows. For details, see the Boot Camp system requirements for Microsoft Windows.

Boot Camp Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.