Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can not open a web page, but all others I can. Help!

My home page will not open for me, but I am connected to the internet and get every other page I go to.

The website I need is up and running. I tried restarting, followed the help instructions. Did not work..... Help?

iMac, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jan 20, 2015 1:18 PM

2 replies

Jan 20, 2015 7:20 PM in response to acorn2015

First off, iMacs don't run iOS.

Secondly you posted in the Classic operating system forum which is only available for pre-2006 iMacs.

Third, we have no idea what web browser you are using or its version. So you have posted either in the wrong location, or given us insufficient details to find out why you may be having a problem.

Lastly, knowing whom your internet access provider is, and whether or not they have a proxy web server setting is critical to knowing if that might be a difficult.

Go to Apple menu -> About This Mac to find your Mac OS version. If it is X, you posted in the wrong forum. Here are the correct forums:

http://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-2463

Jan 20, 2015 7:47 PM in response to a brody

Yeah, I don't know what I am doing, if I did I would not be here. So Sorry!

It's an iMac OS X 10.9.5.... Safari web browser..

Eventually about 7 hours later, it worked again. I do not know why. But I am thankful.

It was not the internet connection and the website was working fine for my phone.

Thanks anyway, I appreciate that you responded. I will post to the link you sent me next time it happens.

All the very best!

I can not open a web page, but all others I can. Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.