Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mavericks calendar doesn't update iphone 6 calendar

When I alter an event in Calendar on my laptop (10.9.5), the change doesn't show up in my calendar in my iphone (8.1.2).

Syncing is happening because changes made on my iphone show up on my laptop. New events on either show up in the other. There is just this one element that is missing.

What do I need to do to make changes to events in Mac Calendar show up in iphone Calendar?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.1, Macbook Pro 2012 OS 10.9.5

Posted on Jan 20, 2015 3:46 PM

5 replies

Jan 21, 2015 11:37 AM in response to Eric Root

Thank you for responding, Eric. I very much appreciate your help.

Updates from my phone to my laptop happen within a minute or two without any action by me. Icloud is enabled for Calendar on both my laptop and my phone.

I either made a mistake in my observation or something has changed. Now neither new or altered items on my laptop are updated on my phone. In the laptop calendar preferences, icloud is enabled as an account labeled "iCloud/CalDAV". Refresh is set to Push. I changed the refresh to Every minute, but nothing changed, so I changed it back to Push.

I looked at some of the troubleshooting information through the link you sent, but I didn't see anything that related to Refresh failing in only one direction.

I'm trying to be clear but not excessive. Have I provided enough information?

Jan 21, 2015 12:20 PM in response to Eric Root

Additional testing:

Signed into icloud directly through firefox on my laptop.

test event on iphone shows up: yes icloud, yes laptop

test event on icloud shows up: no iphone, yes laptop

test event on laptop shows up: no iphone, yes icloud

I went to icloud in safari on my iphone, but rather than let me log in, the site asked me to "set up icloud on this device". I didn't go any further.

This is all I can think of to add. I'm sorry if I'm giving too much information.

Thank you!

Jan 22, 2015 10:17 AM in response to Eric Root

Hi, Eric,

When I click to sign out of icloud, I get a warning that my applepay card and all data stored on icloud will be deleted. I'm not sure I want to do that. If I do, does everything automatically get uploaded again when I reenable icloud? What happens if I lose my applepay card? can I just generate another one, or are there ramifications to deleting applepay?

Sorry to balk. I want to follow directions, but I don't want to create more problems trying to fix this one.

Again, thank you for your help on this.

James

Mavericks calendar doesn't update iphone 6 calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.