Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My wireless key-board keeps losing contact with my lap-top when I type fast and then reconnecting a bit later. The key-board batteries are fully charged. How can I stop these frustrating breaks in connection?

My wireless key-board keeps losing contact with my lap-top when I type fast and then reconnecting a bit later. The key-board batteries are fully charged. How can I stop these frustrating breaks in connection?

Posted on Jan 21, 2015 2:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2015 8:43 AM

1. First make sure there aren't any other Bluetooth keyboards or input devices in the vicinity that may be interfering with yours.
  2. Then, reset the Mac's NVRAM:

NVRAM reset:

1. Shut down your Mac.
  2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command (⌘), Option, P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously in step 4.
  3. Turn on the computer.
  4. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys before the gray screen appears.
  5. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for the second time.
  6. Release the keys.

After resetting NVRAM or PRAM, you may need to reconfigure your settings for speaker volume, screen resolution, startup disk selection, and time zone information. If issues persist, your Mac's logic board battery (not a portable Mac's rechargeable battery) may need to be replaced. The logic board battery helps retain NVRAM/PRAM settings when your computer is shut down. You can take your Mac to a Mac Genius or Apple Authorized Service Provider to replace the battery on the logic board.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2015 8:43 AM in response to RavenAlexander

1. First make sure there aren't any other Bluetooth keyboards or input devices in the vicinity that may be interfering with yours.
  2. Then, reset the Mac's NVRAM:

NVRAM reset:

1. Shut down your Mac.
  2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command (⌘), Option, P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously in step 4.
  3. Turn on the computer.
  4. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys before the gray screen appears.
  5. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for the second time.
  6. Release the keys.

After resetting NVRAM or PRAM, you may need to reconfigure your settings for speaker volume, screen resolution, startup disk selection, and time zone information. If issues persist, your Mac's logic board battery (not a portable Mac's rechargeable battery) may need to be replaced. The logic board battery helps retain NVRAM/PRAM settings when your computer is shut down. You can take your Mac to a Mac Genius or Apple Authorized Service Provider to replace the battery on the logic board.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.