Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wiki migration from Mavericks to Yosemite Server

Hi all,

I'm migrating a wiki server from 10.9.5 with Sever 3.2.2 to 10.10.1 with Server 4.0.

i've done these steps :

- backup postgres database with :

/pg_dump -h "/Library/Server/Wiki/PostgresSocket" --format=c --compress=9 --blobs --username=collab --file=/Volumes/ServerHD/Users/admin/Desktop/collab.pgdump collab

Then on the Yosemite server, i've retore the wiki database:

First, in postgres :

psql -h "/Library/Server/Wiki/PostgresSocket" -U collab template1

template1=# SELECT pg_terminate_backend(pg_stat_activity.pid) FROM pg_stat_activity WHERE pg_stat_activity.datname = 'collab' AND pid <> pg_backend_pid();drop database "collab";create database "collab";

- then restore postgres database with :

pg_restore -h "/Library/Server/Wiki/PostgresSocket" -d collab -U collab --single-transaction /Volumes/ServerHD/Users/admin/Desktop/collab.pgdump

I've transfered FileData folder between the two servers, and fix rights via chown -R _teamsserver:_teamsserver for the FileData folder in /Library/Server/Wiki/

After that, i used two commands :

wikiadmin fixPermissions

wikiadmin resetQuicklooks

All the wikis are visible, and seems to work fine.

But, when i try to view or download an attached file from a wiki, server returns an error page indicating that wiki is not activated (!!??)

I think there's a new organisation for the attachments in the wiki part of Yosemite, but without any documentation, it's not easy to make it work.

Does anybody got this problem a have a solution?

Thanks a lot

Bertrand.

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), Server

Posted on Jan 21, 2015 1:45 AM

3 replies

Oct 15, 2016 11:00 AM in response to Bertrand from France

Hi Bertrand,

Your post has been very helpful since it is the only post that mentions Postgres db restore in Yosemite.

However when I run the psql -h command, I get the error: -bash: syntax error near unexpected token `('

Do I need to replace (pid) with the actual pid of Postgres?

I'm running Yosemite 10.10.1 and server ver. 4

Any ideas?

Cheers,

AA

Wiki migration from Mavericks to Yosemite Server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.