Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

shared calendar entries not appearing on husband's phone

Entries made in iCloud shared calendars either on my iPhone 5c (iOS 8.1.2) or on our iMac (10.9.5) are no longer showing up on husband's iPhone 4s

They are visible in his iCloud (when logging in at iCloud.com). On his phone under iCloud, Calendar is turned on. What other settings should I check on his phone?

iPhone 4S

Posted on Jan 21, 2015 3:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2017 11:01 AM

I am having the same problem. Pretty sure I tried all these suggestions last time but I'll try them again. My wife sees entries I create on the Family calendar, but I do not see calendar entries that she creates.

5 replies

Jan 22, 2015 8:06 AM in response to flyinghooks

Hi flyinghooks,

Welcome to the Support Communities! Here are some troubleshooting steps to try if your iCloud calendar entries aren't appearing on your husband's iPhone. Click on the link for complete details - I've highlighted the sections that pertain to the iPhone for you below:

iCloud: Troubleshooting iCloud Calendar - Apple Support
http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203521

iCloud: Troubleshooting iCloud Calendar

Learn how to troubleshoot issues with iCloud Calendar.

Also learn about troubleshooting Calendar attachments.

Always begin with the general troubleshooting steps below. If these steps don't resolve your issue, follow the steps for the operating system that you're having issues with.

Before troubleshooting, make sure you've made copies of any important calendar data from your devices and iCloud. Learn how to make copies of your calendar data.

General troubleshooting

• Check the System Status page to make sure there aren't any issues affecting iCloud Calendars.
  • Check your settings and preferences, because something may not be set up correctly. For example, having incorrect date and time settings can cause issues that are easily resolved by entering the appropriate settings.

Troubleshooting on iOS devices

First, confirm that you've turned on iCloud Calendar by tapping Settings > iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, then check that Calendars is turned on.

If you are having trouble with the Calendar app on an iOS device (iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch) and iCloud Calendar, try these steps, testing after each to see if the issue is resolved.

• Make sure you've updated to iOS 5 or later. If your issue isn't resolved, try installing the latest version of iOS supported by your device. For instructions on setting up iOS for iCloud, see iCloud Setup.
  • Make sure your iOS device is online. Attempt to view www.apple.com in Safari. If you can't connect to the Internet, your iCloud calendars and events will not update in your Calendar application. Learn how to troubleshoot your Internet connection.
  • Open a secure website to test if ports 80 and 443 are accessible. Calendar requires port 443 access to iCloud to push and fetch updates to and from the iCloud Calendar servers.
  • If recent changes don't appear, try to refresh your calendars:

Open Calendar and tap the Calendars tab to load the Calendars list, then pull down on the list to refresh.

• If you add new events on your iOS device, but they do not update on iCloud.com or your other devices, confirm that you've added the event to an iCloud calendar:
    • Open Calendar and tap the event to view the Event Details. Tap the calendar name to confirm that you've saved the event to an iCloud calendar.
    • You may want to verify your default calendar settings. If you want to create new events in an iCloud calendar, set that calendar to be your default calendar. You can modify Default Calendar settings in Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Default Calendar.
  • Quit and restart the Calendar app:
    1. Press the Home button twice to see preview screens of the apps you have open.
    2. Find the Calendar preview screen and swipe it up and out of preview to quit the application.
    3. Tap the Home button to return to your Home screen.
    4. Wait a minute before reopening the Calendar app.
  • Restart your iOS device: Hold down the Sleep/Wake button until the red slider appears, then drag the slider. After the device turns off, turn it back on by pressing the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears. This may sound simple, but it reinitializes your network and application settings and can frequently resolve issues.
  • Change the Sync settings for your calendars:
    1. Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
    2. Under Calendars, tap Sync. If Sync is set to All Events, set it to a specific duration, such as Events 1 Month Back. If it's already set to a specific duration, set it to All Events.
    3. Tap the Home button. Wait several minutes, then open Calendar and try to refresh your calendars again.
  • Turn iCloud Calendar off and back on:
    1. Tap Settings > iCloud.
    2. Turn off Calendar. Choose to delete data only if your data exists at icloud.com/calendaror on one or more of your computers. Otherwise, choose Keep Data.
    3. Wait a few minutes before turning Calendar back on.

Last Modified:

iCloud: If you’re not receiving event and shared calendar notifications
http://support.apple.com/kb/PH3607

If you’re not receiving notifications about events and shared calendars while signed in to iCloud.com or on your devices set up with iCloud Calendar, you may need to change your iCloud Calendar settings.

Change iCloud Calendar settings

1. In iCloud Calendar, choose Preferences from the Action pop-up menu User uploaded file below the sidebar.

2. In the Advanced pane, select “In-app notifications,” then click Save.

Last Modified: Jan 8, 2015

I hope this information helps ....

- Judy

Jan 22, 2015 8:11 PM in response to judysings

Thank you for your help. I had already read and tried all suggestions on that page. Nothing seemed to work. I even tried deleting the shared calendars from my husband's phone and then re-inviting him to join them. The entries still didn't appear on his calendar, yet the shared calendars were listed as calendars. Finally I decided to try to make a new event on his phone in one of the shared calendars (to see if it would allow me to do so). When I did this all the entries for the two shared calendars appeared. Not sure why, but I'll take it!

Dec 11, 2016 1:24 PM in response to judysings

Hello judysings.

I have shared 5 calenders with my wife, she Can see Them all on her iphone and on icloud.com

She can add events and edit the once she have added.

But when i add something she cant see it, i Can see all that she adds.

I have tryid all listet above but cant get it to work. It have worked before but just sundenly stoped.

Any advise? Hope you Can help.

Mads

shared calendar entries not appearing on husband's phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.