Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

change icloud username

I have changed provider and need to update lots of log in info. I have updated my Apple id. but my iCloud log in shows old email address. I started to do the same process as with Aple ID, but when I got to Log Out, it said I would lose all saved data on my phone! Anyone with any help on this? Thanks in advance.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Jan 21, 2015 6:02 AM

7 replies

Jan 21, 2015 8:14 AM in response to Eric Root

Thank you for responding so quickly. Unfortunately I don't think this is quite the way I wanted to go, and I am a bit disappointed (not your fault I hasten to add) if I still need old id etc for the store, as I have already changed my ID inc email address for Apple store etc, so this is a bit confusing. The thing though youmention that does worry me is that it isn't possible to change iCloud to new details. There must be many people world wide who change providers during the year and want to have same iCloud to their newly selected Apple id.

Jan 22, 2015 2:56 AM in response to Eric Root

Thanks again Eric but unfortunately I still don't know how to change it. I have no icon in System Preferences for iCloud (probably because still running Snow Leopard 0s 10.6.8). I have as said changed Apple ID Username successfully, but can't find how to update username for iCloud. I don't wan't to leave as old email, and certainly don't want to lose all saved pictures and tunes as it says will happen if I log out of iCloud, which is what it states will happen. This is how I changed Apple ID. I am also worried that I will lose my additional paid for storage. Why do Apple make it so difficult? You would have thought the iCloud and Apple id were synced together?

Jan 24, 2015 5:29 AM in response to johnmd50

Following my earlier question, I would like to add that all the Apple advice states that I can change through System Preferences/iCloud on my Mac. I don't have an iCloud icon under system Preferences. Typical of Apple to assume that everyone in the world has updated to the latest OS. I am still running and happy with Snow Leopard (as I don't want to lose Front Row - but that's a whole different Forum!). So if anyone out there does know how to change iCloud Apple ID ( I have already changed in everything else0 please do shout.

Jan 24, 2015 6:51 AM in response to johnmd50

Log into iCloud.com. Click on your name at the top right and select log out. That will bring up the sign in screen. Sign in with your new Apple ID. You will be requested to verify this, so you will need a registered device to receive the verification code. Enter the code and you should be signed in.

Info only.

You can share Mail, Calendars, and Contacts running Snow Leopard. Based on my experience, I don’t recommend syncing Contacts - created a lot of problems with duplicates. If you have 2 step verification enabled on your Apple ID, you will need to generate an application specific password for Mail, iCal, and Address Book. Apple ID - Manage

change icloud username

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.