Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Someone used my email to create an Apple ID. How can I delete it?

I do not have an Apple ID. I do not have any Apple products. I do not want an Apple ID. Yet suddenly I have one.

Someone used my email to register for an Apple ID and linked it to an iPhone 6. I immediately changed the password but their security questions are still the same. I want Apple to (a) DELETE this Apple ID AND any associated devices or at the very least, (b) reset the security questions so that I am the only one who can access this account.

I tried going through the support section, it directed me to call. There is no option to email or chat online or anything. I should not have to call. I am not an Apple customer and there is no reason why I should be stuck on hold for 2 hours and transferred between departments and waste my time because some dumb kid used my email address. I tried to follow the directions for resetting security questions; however, there was no link to click to "email a rescue address."

Posted on Jan 21, 2015 6:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2015 8:13 AM

They did not access my email password. All they did was create an Apple ID. I received an email that someone created an Apple ID and it asked me to click here to confirm. Since I wanted to make sure that they were NOT able to use my email, I needed to change the password on the Apple ID acct. In order to change the password, I clicked here to confirm. A quick Google search will tell you that Apple does not care about the confirmation anyway, same as Facebook, since other people have encountered this same issue (see link- "The other option I mentioned was that Apple are being "economical with the truth" and that now seems highly likely. They freely told you that this person probably used a fake address - so they are obviously familiar with that situation and their system clearly accommodates fake addresses. Facebook follow the exact same system. They claim to require verification, but never insist on it. If no verification is provided, they simply enable the account anyway. And Apple can't or won't tell you how the account came to be Verified, when the only email that was sent was sent to you, and you did not act on it. ")

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2015 8:13 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

They did not access my email password. All they did was create an Apple ID. I received an email that someone created an Apple ID and it asked me to click here to confirm. Since I wanted to make sure that they were NOT able to use my email, I needed to change the password on the Apple ID acct. In order to change the password, I clicked here to confirm. A quick Google search will tell you that Apple does not care about the confirmation anyway, same as Facebook, since other people have encountered this same issue (see link- "The other option I mentioned was that Apple are being "economical with the truth" and that now seems highly likely. They freely told you that this person probably used a fake address - so they are obviously familiar with that situation and their system clearly accommodates fake addresses. Facebook follow the exact same system. They claim to require verification, but never insist on it. If no verification is provided, they simply enable the account anyway. And Apple can't or won't tell you how the account came to be Verified, when the only email that was sent was sent to you, and you did not act on it. ")

Jan 21, 2015 6:49 AM in response to therealbrittany

I gave you a link to deal with it online. why should you have to call your bank when someone commits credit card fraud on your account? This is the same situation. Someone has stolen your identity. It isn't Apple's fault that someone stole your identity. As I pointed out, the only way they could do it is by hacking your email address and password, because Apple verifies an email address before allowing it to create an Apple ID. So Apple sent an email to your address, and the person who stole your identity intercepted the email and confirmed the address. Who knows what else they did with your email address and password? If you used the same password for other logins (such as your bank) you'd better change the password for all of those other accounts also.

Jan 21, 2015 6:31 AM in response to therealbrittany

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

You can also call Apple and ask for the Account Security Team. You will not have to wait on hold for 2 hours. Apple's support is very responsive.

For someone to do that they must have access to your email account, meaning your email address AND password. Because an Apple ID is not created until you respond to a confirmation email. So change your email password, as your email account must have been hacked.

Jan 21, 2015 9:28 AM in response to therealbrittany

therealbrittany wrote:

If you had not clicked "Confirm", the account would not have been completed. Now that you did and it is, you'll have to contact Apple using the information Lawerence provided.

Someone used my email to create an Apple ID. How can I delete it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.