Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

White Screen Yosemite

Hello I have a early model 2011 mac book pro 15 ", I installed the beta version of Yosemite with no issues, worked for a couple of months then i rebooted, and it would display the loading bar then just go to a white screen, I have bootcamp windows 7 and it works with no issues, I have tried most things i have found online, reset nvram, I cannot access the recovery menu (cmd + r ) it just brings up the loading bar then goes to white screen, i can access the boot menu which is how i use windows, i have tried installing mavericks, and Yosemite both from bootable usb devices, both give me same results loading bar then white screen, just wondering if anybody else had suggestions

thanks

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Jan 21, 2015 9:39 AM

6 replies

Jan 21, 2015 11:58 AM in response to Eric Root

Thank you for the reply eric, cool cat btw, i looked through all three of your options and i dont see a fix, the first recommended reset pram which was already done, using shift at startup just gives me the progress bar, I cant run disk utility because cmd + r doesn't work, also tried cmd, opt, r same result, not worried about losing data its backed up just would like to use osx

White Screen Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.