Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 6 plus IOS 8.1 Personal Hotspot issue with T-mobile.

I am not going to expect everyone to have an answer for this. Everything is working fine except personal hotspot. I get an error that I tmobile needs to enable the feature and to call their 1800 number when I select personal hotspot. Tmobile shows the account is allowing the option but the iphone still gives the same issue. Data settings are fine, and there is nothing else wrong with the iphone. Tmobile says that since this is not the t-mobile model but is an unlocked model then it is the reason why this setting would not work. I find this to lack any validity based on the research I have done. I have yet to do a restore of the phone in fact I am doing a restore now after backing up. Keep in mind this is the sim-free apple version which is sold without a sim card and fully unlocked from factory. This is not a carrier based model. Can anyone fill me in if you have had these issues or have any idea how to solve it?

Posted on Jan 21, 2015 10:41 AM

2 replies

iphone 6 plus IOS 8.1 Personal Hotspot issue with T-mobile.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.