Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I believe my iPad has a keystroke logger-how to detect-how to remove?

I Believe my iPad has a keystroke logger. It is the only way I have accessed my online banking which has been hacked.

is there a way to confirm this?

is there a way to remove it?

my iPad is not jail broken, never has been.

only accessing bank using my home wifi network which is password protected.

iPad 2, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jan 21, 2015 10:25 AM

6 replies

Jan 21, 2015 11:58 AM in response to TheresaLadysmith49

It is very doubtful that any malware has been installed on your iPad. Are you using Apple keyboard or a third party app? Use apples for bank transactions.

Talk to your bank. Change your password.

What type of encryption do you use on your router? Suggest wpa2 enterprise.

Have every clicked on a link to your bank from an email? Do not click on bank links in email. Always type in the bank address in a web browser. Verify the link is secure.

Jan 21, 2015 1:56 PM in response to Ralph9430

Here is a summary. Account hacked. Money missing. Changed all passwords AND account numbers. After, only used iPad to acess online banking. Account hacked again. More money taken. I do not share my password or keep it in a file somewhere. Password was not changed or reset, but was used to access. Only explanation is a keystroke logger. I have wpa2 encryption on my home wifi network. Another household member has a jail broken iPhone 5s that also uses home wifi network. I do not use that device however.

Jan 21, 2015 3:03 PM in response to TheresaLadysmith49

I'd contact bank and turn off internet access to your account. I might even change banks. I know this would be a pain, but do not know what to do.

Read through all the stuff below to increase security, but forgoing internet access to your account is the only way to be sure.

I do not use Internet banking. Everyone is being hacked these days. I have remote access to one of my bank accounts, but cannot do much but look at my account. I have a discover card and Discover lets me take out $80 in cash for free when I am at the grocery store. I use a credit card for every payment that I can.

As someone said earlier, you could reload the software on your iPad.

You could try a different browser, like Chrome. In your situation, I'd recommend using another browser. ios is sandboxed so in theory, no other application should be able to access the data in Safari. That said, there is a lot of malware associated with web sites these days. Perhaps, Safari picked up some junk. Pick another web browser. Use it with only your bank and that's it.

Restore to factory settings by loading the latest version of ios that your machine will support:

Do a full backup of your device. Twice is best -- cloud and computer.

While I recommend backing up, I do not recommend using the backup to reload things on your iPad. Do everything manually.

"You can use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to factory settings and the latest version of iOS."

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

"You can put your iOS device into recovery mode, then restore it using iTunes.:

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201263

I believe my iPad has a keystroke logger-how to detect-how to remove?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.