Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 Plus Locked Camera Focus

Hello, yesterday I noticed that my main camera on my iPhone 6+ does not focus any more. The focus is stuck about a middle point between close and far focus.... So if I were to point my camera at a wall a distance away from me, it is blurry. Any object close to the camera, blurry. Please note that after some research this is not the same as the OIS problem that some people have been facing.

My question is, have anyone heard of this? If so, is there a fix?

Second question, my iPhone is covered by a Verizon warranty that should cover any fixes, do I just take the phone to an apple store or a verizon store?

Thank you very much.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Jan 21, 2015 2:14 PM

9 replies

Feb 9, 2015 8:37 AM in response to AlliedCeaser

My phone started doing this about a week ago. I chatted with an Apple rep and they told me to go to the Apple store to have it looked at. From my research, if your phone is still under warranty they will either replace the camera or replace the phone. Outside of that there is no fix. I got a response on this board from an Apple rep that sent me a link to instructions on how to focus your camera. Clearly Apple is not admitting that this is becoming a widespread occurrence among iPhone 6 owners.

Feb 9, 2015 8:48 AM in response to hchambley

hchambley wrote:

My phone started doing this about a week ago. I chatted with an Apple rep and they told me to go to the Apple store to have it looked at. From my research, if your phone is still under warranty they will either replace the camera or replace the phone. Outside of that there is no fix. I got a response on this board from an Apple rep that sent me a link to instructions on how to focus your camera. Clearly Apple is not admitting that this is becoming a widespread occurrence among iPhone 6 owners.

That's because it's not a widespread occurrence. Where are you getting your data?

Feb 9, 2015 10:20 AM in response to TJBUSMC1973

It is widespread, meaning that it has affected people across the entire world according to many posts in the forum and other forums I have come across. I have been researching if there is a solution outside of replacing the hardware, as this is my business phone and I cannot go without one. I have been a loyal Apple customer for a very, very long time and they are always extremely helpful in fixing things under warranty. My frustration was the response I received from Apple on my original post that did not address the issue, but rather sent me a link on how to clean the lens and make sure nothing is blocking it. If you have any suggestions, I am all ears.

Feb 24, 2015 8:00 AM in response to hchambley

I am having the same problem. My iPhone 6+ isn't allowing my back camera to focus. When it does, the image blurs and leaves lines running through the screen. Based on the comments, it seems as if taking this to an Apple Store is the best solution to the problem. I have to admit, I'm pretty upset about having lost so many quality picture opportunities.

Mar 4, 2015 7:01 PM in response to AlliedCeaser

the same thing happened to me about a week ago. it was fine one min, and then all of a sudden, it would no longer focus. I read it might of been an issue with the latest update, but i have pictures from after the update and they were fine. Now the back camera is stuck on a close focus of about 15" it won't focus on anything before or past that.

iPhone 6 Plus Locked Camera Focus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.