Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blank pages at end of document won't go away

I have a couple of blank pages appended to the end of my document that I can not get rid of. Any section i drag to the end of the document is automatically appended to that section. This is really strange.

User uploaded file

When I View Invisibles I find nothing on the pages that would cause them to be there; no page or section breaks, no hidden content, nothing.

Sometimes I see this kind of behavior after a table, but that doesn't seem to be the case here. Any section I drag to the bottom gets appended. Here I have dragged the single page 2 section to the bottom. Same results.

User uploaded file

Posted on Jan 21, 2015 3:38 PM

9 replies

Jan 21, 2015 4:22 PM in response to Tracy E

What about what is on the previous page, do you have objects with auto wrap on that could be pushing something over to a new page?

e.g. There could be a last paragraph return or page break on the previous page that causes a blank page after.

Clicking on the last page and hitting delete usually clears those. You have to think in formatting terms, that is how Pages is managing the pages.

Peter

Jan 21, 2015 4:33 PM in response to PeterBreis0807

Yes I have considered those as well. But they are not the case here. Usually the delete-up-from-the-last-page trick fixes things like this. But alas it doesn't work here.

Note that this problem is not isolated to this one document. I see this kind of odd Pages behavior in other docs as well. Often I have to time-consumingly completely rebuild the document from scratch (since you can't copy-paste formatted pages or sections from one doc to another. Grrrr.) to fix this. But that is not really a fix. It is just starting over.

Apr 21, 2015 1:49 PM in response to Tracy E

We just figured it out! We added more pages to the document and found a hidden style. Our document was 3 pages long. We carriage returned to make it 6 pages long. Brought the zoom down to 25%. Highlighted all those pages and found styles and characters hidden. We deleted them all. Started deleting the additional 3 pages and that last blank page was able to be deleted!

Let me know if this works for you too.

Blank pages at end of document won't go away

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.