Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Mac computer want start It shows a world icon that blinks ??

My computer was working fine but It sarted to get slow ever time that i Did something It started to show the circular colorful icon. Now it won't start it shows a world icon what can I do ??

Mac Pro

Posted on Jan 21, 2015 8:10 PM

2 replies

Jan 23, 2015 9:19 AM in response to Jpere046

Howdy Jpere046,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

If your computer is booting to a flashing question mark it can't seem to find a valid system to boot to.

Please see one of these articles for your OS.

Mac OS 7.x - 9.x: Troubleshooting Startup Issues - Apple Support

A flashing question mark or globe appears when you start your Mac - Apple Support

Take care,

Nubz

Jan 23, 2015 10:22 PM in response to Jpere046

If it shows a world icon, then Startup Disk (in OSX this is in System Preferences) somehow got reset to a Network Disk rather than to your hard drive, where it probably should be set.

The usual solution is to simply wait; when the startup manager gets tired of looking for a non-existent network boot volume it will then look for an OS on the internal hard drive (usually the last one used there) and boot using that. You can then open Startup Disk in System Preferences and reset the boot disk to the appropriate one on your internal hard drive.

My Mac computer want start It shows a world icon that blinks ??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.