Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imessage not working/ not activating on iphone

As of yesterday my imessage on iphone decided to stop working. Still available on all other devices (using email address) except on phone, cannot activate imessage to link mobile number.

Tried all the available the online support options even changed my password again and did the updates. To no avail just keep getting error messages that change constantly from 'network connection' and error 'occurred during activation'

Can someone please help???? This is not the first time this has happened when I have updated software and imessage (with mobile number) decides to deactivate.

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jan 21, 2015 8:59 PM

8 replies

Jan 21, 2015 10:40 PM in response to ManSinha

Thanks for your reply. Not sure what you means by liking my handle ...

I have been on call with Apple Support. as much as they are wonderful to deal with, they too were perplexed by the fact that they could not troubleshoot what had happened. As it stands they have de-registered my number from iMessage and should take 24-48 hours for Apple server to recognise this.

Apparently when iMessage deactivates it sends a 'silent' message to the Apple server, you don't actually receive a text message its a back of house system thing. None the less, everything has to be re programmed from scratch, which is where I am currently at.

So with a little luck and patience it should fix itself.

Jan 23, 2015 10:26 PM in response to iFault

imessage still occurring problem. Had by no means been resolved, no updates or follow up contact from Apple. Not sure why it's no longer working on iphone and working on other devices. All too random as people having issues with iPads too. IOS 8.1.2 could this be a correlation? All too coincidental that people around the world within days of each other have the same occurance.

IF anyone happens to find out what the missing link is please share.

THank you

imessage not working/ not activating on iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.