Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

homesharing

how do i get home sharing to work i have it on my tv and on my computer but on my tv it keeps telling me to turn on home sharing help regards west ham

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Jan 22, 2015 6:06 AM

4 replies

Jan 22, 2015 7:53 AM in response to colinfromador

Welcome to the Apple Community.

The following article(s) may help you.

Troubleshooting Home Sharing

Security Software Issues

Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

Recommended Wi-Fi settings

Wifi Diagnostic Software (for Mac users)

You may also find some help on this page, where I’ve collected some of the more unusual solutions to network issues.

When making adjustments to your network for better optimisation, you may find some of the points mentioned on this page helpful.

Jan 27, 2015 10:38 AM in response to colinfromador

Me too. I tried everything that everyone in every thread suggested.

Turn off and on every single device.
Log off and on of every home sharing option on every single device.

Rebooted (pulled plug) on my modem/router, computer, and ATV device.

Restored the entire ATV to factory settings and set it all up again.

Then did steps 1-3 again after that.

I am ready to return this thing. It worked for a few days - I watched a ton of content that I already owned thru iTunes.... then once in a while I would have to do steps 1-3 again to gt it to work and it would work. Now, for a few days and trying every step again twice I can't get it to connect to my computer.

I can get every other aspect of this thing to work; iTunes Match for my music, NetFlix, all web based content. It's connected to my wireless network.

Apple, please help!

Mid-2011 iMac, OS Yosemite 10.10.0

homesharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.