Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IMovie 10.0.6 won't share (file) on Yosemite

I have a big problem!

I never had this problem from before, I always used imovie - earlier versions - without any problem, now....I can't solve it.

My project or movie to export to file (Share) is taking too long to export (12 hours) even if its a short movie like 1 minute. At the end wont export.

Any solution?

Thanks

iMovie 10, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Jan 22, 2015 7:42 AM

4 replies

Feb 24, 2015 7:11 AM in response to Martin R. Johnson

Hi,

I have found a permanent fix to all sharing issues: iTunes, image, YouTube etc. The problem is due to the application cache becoming corrupted which leads to an error with access rights.

The Application Cache needs to be cleared to fix this. There are several methods. I use the excellent OnyX tool. (http://mac.softpedia.com/get/System-Utilities/OnyX.shtml) - use the Application Cache clear option.

Requires a restart afterwards.

Mar 1, 2015 12:43 AM in response to Baloothebear4

Hi Baloo

Thanks for that suggestion. It worked brilliantly for me!

I'm using iMovie 10.0.6 on Yosemite 10.10.2. All functioning great until I unexpectedly found failure to share. All buttons clickable but no effect. Also noted failure to import with pop-up saying " Cannot ingest because no storage location found"

After seeing your post I downloaded and ran OnyX, and iMovie now runs perfectly. Many Thanks!

I guess it would be possible, with sufficient knowledge of whats under the bonnet, to fix this problem without using third party software. But for most of us a user-friendly utility like Onyx does a great job. Do you use it only when problems arise, or do you regularly scan and clean etc?

IMovie 10.0.6 won't share (file) on Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.