Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unlock a iPod without losing data or transfer pictures without a password?

Hello.

I have forgot the password to my iPod Touch 4, so is there any way to unlock my iPod without losing the pictures on it or a way to transfer my pictures over to my new Macbook? The old computer the iPod was connected to is gone so...

Because it's 3 years of my life on that iPod and I can't lose it!

iPod touch (4th generation)

Posted on Jan 22, 2015 10:45 AM

15 replies

Jan 22, 2015 10:55 AM in response to MathildeH

- Are you using iCloud backup? If so restore/erase and restore from backup

That will backup the photos in your iPod's camera Roll album.

- Otherwise:

-- Contact a Data Recovery Company

- You may be able to get some info from the restored/erased iPod by:

How to perform iPad recovery for photos, videos

Wondershare Dr.Fone for iOS: iPhone Data Recovery - Wondershare Official

http://www.amacsoft.com/ipod-data-recovery.html

iPod recovery software to restore lost music files

http://www.pcrecoverytools.com/ipod-data-recovery.html

-iPod touch Deleted Photo Recovery Tips You Should Know

Jan 22, 2015 10:56 AM in response to MathildeH

I'm unable to give you a guarantee but a careful Restore just might save you. Be forewarned that it's not quick. It could take well over an hour! Connect via cable to the computer that you intend to use for sync. From iTunes, select the iPod and then select the Summary tab. Follow the on-screen directions for Restore and be sure to say "yes" to the backup. You will be warned that all data (apps, music, movies, etc.) will be erased but, as the Restore finishes, you will be asked if you wish the contents of the backup to be copied to the iPod. Again, say "yes."

At the end of the basic Restore, you will be asked if you wish to sync the iPad/iPod. As before, say "yes." Note that that sync selection will disappear and the Restore will end if you do not respond within a reasonable time. If that happens, only the apps that are part of the IOS will appear on your device. Corrective action is simple - choose manual "Sync" from the bottom right of iTunes.

Jan 22, 2015 11:15 AM in response to MathildeH

MathildeH wrote:

ugh.. So I can't get my pictures back if I do it?

I want to say that you WILL get them back but I've never been in your position so I really don't want to make any promises. On the positive side, you really can't lose since there isn't anything else that you can do.

Next time, you really should be more conscientious regarding sync and backup.

Unlock a iPod without losing data or transfer pictures without a password?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.