Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Mackbook Pro 2011 doesn't start at all

Hi My Mackbook Pro doesn't start. Doesn't make the chime sound either. I can listen the power button "trying to start" but nothing rather the black screen...

I tried many tips around the net, like pressing keys while startup but nothing worked.

I was normally working with it and suddenly went off. Might be any problem with hardware?? graphics maybe??

I really don't know...

Any help please? thank you

MacBook Pro (17-inch Early 2011), iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jan 22, 2015 8:26 AM

2 replies

Jan 24, 2015 7:08 AM in response to Ricardo Sousa

Hi Ricardo,

I'm sorry to hear you are having these issues with your MacBook Pro. If it will not start up and is just showing a black screen, you may find the troubleshooting steps outlined in the following articles helpful (apologies if you have already seen these):

Troubleshooting: My computer won't turn on - Apple Support

Apple computers: Troubleshooting issues with video on internal or external displays - Apple Support

Regards,

- Brenden

Jan 24, 2015 4:52 PM in response to Ricardo Sousa

It happened exactly the same to me the same day on my macbook pro 15 inch (early 2011), I took it to the apple store and had to change the logic board. What I found suspicious was that the problem happened right after upgrading to the latest OS X public beta seed, I don't know if this was related to the failure but I found it a bit weird. Hope it's not the same case for you.

My Mackbook Pro 2011 doesn't start at all

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.