Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iMac 2009 Intel based shuts down when playing Steam based game

My son plays Empire: Total War, which is a Steam powered game. Recently my iMac quits unexpectantly but only when he is playing the game. He has played Counterstrike without issues. I can't switch my iMac on again. I have checked fuse/leads ect but to no avail. Anyone have a similar issue or solution. Thanks

imac, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Jan 22, 2015 11:43 AM

1 reply

Jan 24, 2015 9:16 AM in response to jimmythejock

Hi jimmythejock,

I'm sorry to hear you are having this issue with your iMac. I also apologize, I'm a bit unclear on the current status of your issue. If your iMac is currently not starting up or powering on at all, you may find the troubleshooting steps outlined in the following article helpful:

Troubleshooting: My computer won't turn on - Apple Support

If you are able to start up and use your iMac normally, but it continues to hang or hard crash when playing this specific game, you may find this article more useful:

OS X: When your computer spontaneously restarts or displays "Your computer restarted because of a problem." - Apple Support

Regards,

- Brenden

My iMac 2009 Intel based shuts down when playing Steam based game

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.