Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imessage problem

With an iphone4, ios7.1.2 imessage recently stopped working.

Apple may have changed something. I do not know what.

I tried to activate imessage again, but i only get a message telling me that

activation unsuccessful

If any one has this same porblem apple should get aware that soething the ychange is not right.

I tried many of the tricks posted, to attempt to get imessage going, but unfortunately, none of them worked

Anyone with good ideas out there??

thanks

iPhone 4, iOS 6

Posted on Jan 22, 2015 11:39 AM

4 replies

Jan 24, 2015 12:03 AM in response to ppithermo

I've had this problem too since19th January and after trying everything from a reboot to restore iPad from new neither worked. Spoke to apple several times this week and it's come to their attention it's a an apple server problem and was told it will be fixed in the next software update. FaceTime and iMessage stopped working but everything else is fine, they all work on my iPhone but not my iPad. I just hope the new update fixes this problem. Lots of posts on forums say switch iMessage or FaceTime off and on but this bug doesn't give you that option now, it only shows Apple ID and password to log in with and then when you do it says iMessage Activation an error occurred please try again.

Jan 24, 2015 4:04 AM in response to gooner1969

to gooner1969

in my case i had the opposite problem.

ipad2 worked fine for i messages ( using the email address, clearly not the phone number)).8.1.2

iPhone 4 stopped working. this iPhone has ios 7.1.2. cannot do any better.

I solved this by:

1) Restoring iphone as a new iphone.

checked that it worked then. I had successful activation in minutes.

2) then I Restored from a back up( on the computer where I had purchased music). and it still worked after. I presume that it wrote a new config list that was not replaced by that from the restore.

Note:
As a careful guy, i had made a backup of the iPhone on another mac. Restored it from there after that restore, it would not copy music that had been purchased from iTunes store. I had conflicting messages. !!

I deauthorized one computer. Authorized the other ( where music was purchased) . it said computer is authorized, but then refused to copy the selected music when I tried to sync saying the the computer was not authorized!!

another glitch.!!

I had to restore from the original computer where music was purchased!!

Thank you for your feedback. I am in Europe and trying to talk to Apple is beyond my strength

imessage problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.