Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Random slideshow on my IPad Air running iOS 8?

The Ipad used to have a great feature whereby right from the lock screen, you could run a random slideshow of ALL the photos stored on the device.

Please, where has this feature gone on my new IPad Air with iOS 8?

IS there a simple third party app that will run a random slide show like a screen saver used to ? why has Apple removed this functionality? being able to run a slideshow only one small album at a time is NOT good enough

iPad Air, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jan 22, 2015 5:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2015 5:47 PM

You should be able to start a random slideshow of all your photos in both Photos and Albums, just not from the Lick screen.

10 replies

May 24, 2015 2:10 PM in response to bobseufert

This is not resolved at all! When I touch Albums, choose an album, then touch Sideshow, the only options are 1) which device to present the slide show, 2) Transitions (cube, dissolve, origami, etc), and 3) Play Music. There is no option to RANDOMIZE the slideshow, and all photos show in order from the start of the album to the end.

This is not a solution to the question of playing a random slideshow!

Random slideshow on my IPad Air running iOS 8?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.