Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Iphone Keeps thinking i have headphones plugged in

I have an Iphone 5 and today i was using my iphone to play music through my sisters car (AUX Cable) then when we got home i went on facebook and watched some videos and the weird thing was that there was no sound on all of them. I turned my volume up and saw headphones on the top of the volume. i thought it was strange because i didnt have headphones in so i turned it on and off and its still happening. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iPhone 5, iOS 8

Posted on Jan 22, 2015 10:27 PM

6 replies

Jan 23, 2015 8:00 AM in response to kyeriddl

The only other thing, the sensor may be dirty and not detecting if the headphones are inserted or not. It can also make them stick in the position where they think they are in. Some have taken a Q-Tip cotton swab, removed the majority of the cotton from the tip and carefully inserted that into the headphone jack, twisting it slightly to try and clean that area. You can check after that. If that does not work, then make an appointment at the Genius Bar of the nearest Apple Store to have it looked at.

My Iphone Keeps thinking i have headphones plugged in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.