Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to prevent Itunes 10.7 from updating to Itunes 12

How do I prevent ITunes 10,7 from updating to ITunes 12? I have already unchecked the box for "Automatically check for updates" but ITunes is updating without prompting.

Acer Lapptop-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Jan 22, 2015 10:36 PM

9 replies

Jan 23, 2015 1:39 AM in response to Lois Green

I have tried again and again but ITunes 12 seems to ignore this and update to version 12. I even opted to use an alternative software but then syncing with other apple devices became an issue. So I had to re-install iTunes 10.7, set up the preferences AGAIN as above and within one hour whilst reading the news ITunes had updated itself.

Jan 23, 2015 8:10 AM in response to 6DOF

How are you trying to install iTunes 10.7, when the latest version for download is 12.0.1? If you are uninstalling iTunes and then trying to install again, the download would get you v12.0.1. Not sure exactly how you are trying to do this, but I don't believe it is an update issue, it has to do with what you are downloading to install. Try explaining what you are doing, please.

Jan 26, 2015 9:37 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Mr Chris,

First of all I am an engineer of 35 years experience ranging from assembly language, AIX, UNIX, Linux and windows of all varieties.

When Apple invades my privacy I uninstalll ALL aspects of apple using both ccleaner and jvtools. I then install version 10.7. Is that clear enough? Then that ***** ITunes 12 installs itself. If this continues then I will have to take legal action against apple for violating my privacy.

Jan 26, 2015 10:01 PM in response to 6DOF

All I really was asking was how you were installing iTunes 10.7, since that is not the current version. I think it is in everyone's best interest, since you want to now discuss your qualifications and threaten legal action against Apple, that we as users should no longer attempt to assist, since you will probably threaten us next. Use the Contact Us links in the bottom right of the page to request further assistance from Apple. Good luck with your troubleshooting.

How to prevent Itunes 10.7 from updating to Itunes 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.